March Wishlist + Why Platinum Hair is Bad!

This is going to be a new blog series. Every month I'll (try) to post products that I am interested in and may possibly buy in the future. Why am I doing this?

Well, I have too many products at home. I have to admit, I am a makeup, skincare and haircare hoarder. I am a really curious person and I find that there are so many different products out there in the world that I really want to try out. The old me would probably go out and buy all of these products on a whim. But to curb my habit of doing so, I am instead going to be posting products here that I find interesting and would want to give a go in the future.

KERATIN PROTEIN SHAMPOO / HASK
$12 at Kmart
Also available in conditioner & mask
My hair is dead. Beyond dead actually. It has been bleached many times over, and you can see my hair journey on my instagram if you scroll from bottom to top (which I recommend you follow, wink!). My hair used to be straight, but due to all the processing it has turned out very kinky and knotty. So knotty, that I am actually considering getting a short haircut soon and going back to my natural chocolate brown colour. I'm so excited!

I am currently bleach blonde, and it took me a long time to get there. However, I feel as though with my re-growth and everything I am starting to look a bit trashy. I knew going into it that blonde hair was high maintenance, but it's time I called it quits. You have to consider so many things when you're blonde such as:

- toning
- chlorine (turns your hair green! impossible to wash out)
- what shampoos and conditioners you use
- split ends
- frizzyness
- what clothes match your hair
- what makeup matches your hair
- flash photography (reveals all the unwanted tones in your hair)

At first, I really wanted to be blonde that I didn't mind all the upkeep. But now that I've had blonde in my hair for a few years (on and off), it annoys the living crap out of me. I want to be able to just hop in the shower, use whatever products I like, and hop straight out with no worries.

Because my hair has been so chemically damaged (and most of it has been chemically burnt off a.k.a: snapping at the ends), it is very wavy due to the layers that have formed. Therefore, I have been looking more into keratin treatments and I stumbled across this range by Hask at Kmart. I have read some good reviews online but I'd be interested in giving this range a go someday to see if it works on my hair or not. And for $12, it wouldn't really hurt.

PALMER'S FACE RANGE

In the past, I have thoroughly enjoyed Palmer's products so I was shocked when I found out they they also sell face products (I always thought it was just body moisturiser for some reason).
$13.50 at Kmart
They sell the night cream and day cream at Kmart for a very cheap price. It would be interesting to find out if these products were any good considering the really cheap price point. Plus, the day cream has SPF 15 which is a good bonus.

Also $13.50 at Kmart
NIVEA FACE RANGE

I feel like recently my skin has been reacting weirdly to the products I currently use. In the past, I used to always use Nivea and it never did me wrong. Although I'm not a huge fan of their original cream (you know, the one in the blue container), I did own their night cream in the past which I actually liked a lot. I found out recently that they have released newer versions of the night cream I used to own.

$12.75 at Kmart


Also $12.75 at Kmart


GOLDWELL 6 EFFECTS SERUM

In one of my Bellabox unboxings, I came across a hair serum that I've been loving so much that I've been savouring it for months and months on end. Come to think of it, there is probably only a drop left in the mini sample. If heaven has a smell I think that this would be it.

$25.45 for 100ml

I found the serum on this website and considering the quality of the product, I think the price is very reasonable. Plus I know from experience that hair serums do take a while to use up too so it would definitely be worth your buck.

SWISSE HONEY MASK

I saw this mask at the store the other day and was really intrigued because I love Manuka honey (in my tea, coffee and as a hair mask too!). I have heard that honey has a natural anti-bacterial effect which would be perfect for combination skin.

Retails for $17.99
You can actually pick this mask up at Coles or Priceline, and I have read over 17 very high reviews on Priceline praising this mask so I'd definitely have to give it a go after I finish a few of my current masks up.

I know that was quite a few products, but that was March's Wishlist (or products that caught my eye). I feel like personally this blog post is fun to make so that maybe I can look back and see what I can pick up once I've ran out of a particular product.

If you have reached the end, thanks for reading and please feel free to leave a comment below!

Amanda.S

Comments

Popular Posts