January Empties

Hello everyone!

I must admit I have gotten very off track with my minimalist journey. With the holidays and everything I did treat myself to a massive The Body Shop haul (which I do not regret at all as I use these products almost everyday). I did also go on holiday during Christmas and didn't ask for anything from my family so that helped drastically with my problem of collecting makeup and skincare.

Nevertheless, here are the products that I have used up for the month of January! I was also barely at home during January, as I was constantly visiting my boyfriend, but I did manage to use some of my products up.

CHIA SEED MOISTURISER / THE FACE SHOP

This sample was 10ml
The first product I completely used up was actually a sample I received in a previous Bellabox which you can check out here. My first impressions of this product was that it claimed to be natural, but smelt a bit artificial. However, I did change my mind a little while I was using it.

It provided my face with lots of moisture given that I have dry skin. I am currently using the other moisture I received in the pack as a primer, and the toner was well loved by my little sister who actually bought the full size. But would I re-purchase this? No. It's pretty hard to get my hands on it and it wasn't mind blowing.

HYDRATING FACE PRIMER / ELF


This product straight up sucked. I was on the lookout for something to cater for my dry and sensitive skin, but it straight up made my face oily. I'm not sure why so many people rave about ELF products, I haven't come across a single good product. Their face mist is okay, the highlighter is un-pigmented and I have one of their blushers but it can be difficult to judge blush sometimes.


Also, you get very little product if you did really like their primers. No wonder it is so cheap because there is barely anything in it! Would not recommend unless you want oily skin?

STAY WITH ME LIPGLOSS / ESSENCE


I've had this product for years, almost too long. My tip for using up a product? Keep it in your pencil case at school or at your desk and you'll most likely mindlessly apply it during the day. There was nothing special about this lipgloss. It was too light pink even for my pale complexion and very sticky. If I were to recommend a lipgloss it would be Kmart's OXX Beauty clear lip glosses. They're $2, not sticky and smell like vanilla.
Only $2 from Kmart!
BODY BUTTER / VICTORIA SECRET


I bought this body butter, along with a matching body lotion in the same scent, a few years back duty free at the airport. It was one of those mindless transactions. I wanted to smell nice, but these lotions are WAY too over-scented which is what put me off from using it up. Why not throw it out? Well, I hate wasting stuff. In a way I was also teaching myself a little lesson to think before I buy products by painstakingly trying to use it up.

Strangely, I started to like the product a little but I treated myself to The Body Shop's body butter in 'Strawberry' as a reward for going through that pain.

POSITIVELY RADIANT FACE WASH / AVEENO


I think I am allergic to this face wash. Every time I used it in the shower my face burned despite the fact that I take cold showers. I just find it funny how Aveeno is meant to be a 'natural' brand, yet their ingredients list show otherwise. I've also been getting funny reactions from the Biore Baking Soda face wash too (which is actually my sister's, sorry! Used it a few times woops).

I actually counted how many face washes I have in my bathroom... 7. Why the heck do I need 7?! I feel like making 2018 about being more aware of what products I already own in order to prevent myself from constantly grabbing the same thing every time I'm out. It's so frustrating because I'm naturally a hoarder. A maximalist. Minimalism seems like a far reach, and it sure is. I don't even know if I'll make it to that point.

But what I do want to accomplish is minimising my spending habits on things I already own, especially because I am a student with an almost non-existent pay check.

Let me know if you also have problems with product hoarding! I'd love to relate to someone lol.

Amanda x

Comments

Popular Posts