October Bellabox

I know I'm in a frenzy because I'm posting 3 months' worth of Bellaboxes in the span of 3 days! That's what happens when exams get in the way woops. Anyway, this month's box was cleverly titled 'Beauty - Tricks & Treats'.


However, they did manage to trick me because their ModelCo voucher didn't work on the Priceline website, and my Priceline don't sell ModelCo cosmetics at all. I'm not too bummed however because the brand doesn't really have products that peak my interest anyway.


MODELS OWN / COLOUR CHROME EYESHADOW KIT

Sadly, I received one of the more unwearable colours: 06 Gunmetal. However, I have completed a grey smokey eye before and I loved the look so hopefully, I'll have something coming up to wear that makeup look again.


The set came with a metal dish and eye primer if you wanted to further intensify the shadow and create a foil look. I think that idea is really unique and I definitely don't have anything like it in my collection.
Retails for $19.95. Available at Priceline

However, I think that the product on its own is very pigmented as it is a cream product so oddly enough I don't know if the priming water and tray is completely necessary.



Nevertheless, I'll definitely have to give the primer and mixing tray a good go and who knows, maybe it'll benefit my cheaper shadows in my collection?

KÉRASTASE PARIS / ELIXIR ULTIME BI-PHASE SPRAY OIL

I am a huge lover of hair oils, so much so that I can't travel anywhere without it. This product essentially revolutionises the way I nourish my hair by preventing my hands from becoming oily and just being very practical.


The only downside to this product is the alcohol content. If you don't already know, alcohol is used in many products to preserve it and prolong the product's shelf life. However, alcohol is also very drying and considering I have bleached strands, it isn't the best thing to be applying to my hair.

Retails for $59 for 100ml
Another downside is the price point. I am a student and there is almost no way I am spending $59 on a hair product. Luckily, for my wallet, I didn't experience any miraculous difference with my hair. I may just use this sample to freshen up my hair because the fragrance is oh-so-beautiful! It can be a perfume in itself that is how nice it smells. It has a musky, almost masculine fragrance to it.

ST. TROPEZ / SELF TAN EXPRESS FACIAL SHEET MASK

This product admittedly scared me instantly. I am frighteningly pale so I immediately laughed at the idea of fake tanning my face. That being said, I do occasionally fake tan when I go out because frankly, the camera washes me out instantly.



Retails for $12.99. Available at Priceline and Chemist Warehouse

Although I haven't used it yet and cannot truly judge, I may take a hard pass at this. Who knows? I may use it when I am bored and at home but its too risky to use before going out. I've never fake tanned above my neck as I just tend to use a darker foundation to match my fake tan.



BURTS BEES / COMPLETE NOURISHMENT FACIAL OIL

This product wins 'cutest packaging' award and yes, I just made that up. Although the sample is teeny tiny I would like to argue that it is only good for about 3 uses. C'mon Bellabox. I do have a good experience with Burts Bees products as they always work magic on my skin. The only downside is that they are a tad expensive (still better than skincare brands you'll find in Sephora or Mecca though!). But I would definitely recommend their moisturisers and night creams if they are on sale at Priceline.

Full size (15ml) retails for $37.95. Available at Chemist Warehouse and Priceline

Writing these posts make me realise how many products I still haven't tried out. I can blame my low level of self-care which often occurs around exam period as I'm too busy revising (or cramming information for that matter). I will try to get around trying all these products, however I have a feeling I will only post if I really love it; or hate it. No promises!

NATURES COMMONSCENTS / SOAP BAR IN 'GOAT'S MILK'

I made a bad boo-boo by seeing what other people got in their Bellaboxes. Everyone else got paw-paw, coconut or 'insert beautiful fragrance here' soap. I was stuck with goat's milk. Yippee... (sarcasm). I felt bummed because I really enjoy bar soap because there is no plastic packaging to toss afterwards and it doesn't make my skin itch. However, I did take a whiff of the product and it didn't seem to be too bad. I was expecting the actual sourness found with the beverage but instead, the scent was pretty neutral and well, milky.

Retails for only $2! Available at Coles

I will definitely give this product a go and I hope that it will provide my skin with some sort of benefit to compensate for the crappy scent I received. With my Bellabox experience so far, I always am left with the short end of the stick. There have been a whole lot of wins but I find that a major con with this service is that you don't have a say in what colour or fragrance you prefer. However, they have successfully catered to my skin colour and skin type (dry).

Also, a massive bonus about this product is that it retails for $2 and is available at Coles. This is $3 cheaper than my beloved The Body Shop bar soap, so if I have the time to try out their other soaps I may have hit the jackpot.

BONUS SAMPLE: PALMER'S SKIN PERFECTING ULTRA HYDRATING SERUM

If you've read all my previous posts or are aware of how the Bellabox works, they always throw in a bonus sachet sample. Although these are difficult to use, I received a hydrating serum which fits into my dry skin category.
You can find Palmer's products at Priceline

I am definitely excited to try this out because I have only just realised what a huge difference serums make in the overall quality of my skin. Palmer's are also a relatively cheap brand and do not irritate my skin, yay!


That is all for the October Bellabox! Frankly, this month's Bellabox was slightly disappointing as the only products I am genuinely excited for is the Palmer's serum, Burt's Bees facial oil and the hair oil. I may start rating the boxes as a matter of fact! Considering I look forward to 3 products out of the box, I'll rate it 3/6. Thanks so much for reading and please leave a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts x

Comments

Popular Posts