August Bellabox

~ Before you read on I'd just like to mention that I have been delayed with my posts, 3 months delayed to be exact. I have been super busy with exam but I am graduating year 12 in a months time :) ~

In my last Bellabox post, I promised to test out the Nutrimetics Energise Night Rescue Crème. Although it is hard to make a judgement on a sachet sample I did relatively enjoy it. A cool thing about trying samples from the Bellabox is being exposed to brands I don't know. Nutrimetics I found out is an Australian brand, which is awesome because I love the idea of supporting my own country's economy.

I mentioned in the July Bellabox post that I was disappointed at the lack of products I received, but more so at the quality of each product. Now, the Bellabox website does have cool features such as the ability to repurchase a full sized version of a product you received on the website and even a feedback section to let the company know your thoughts on each box.


Now I don't know if they listened to my review of the last box, or if it is just a funny coincidence but this month's Bellabox was heavy when I first picked it up and I instantly had a smile on my face. Its the little things in life that cause happiness right? It could also be that it is my birthday month ;)


Firstly, and just a little thing, the design of the information sheet has changed. I don't know if it is because there are so many products, or if they just changed the design but that was the first thing I (sadly) noticed.


I always mention in my posts that I am big on smell... I have a sensitive nose don't judge me! But when I opened this month's box I was hit with a strong coconut smell that was familiar to me. And I was happy to find out that it was Palmer's because I do currently own (and love) their coconut body lotion thanks to my sister who actually bought it for herself (sorry sis!).

The Palmer's shampoo and conditioner have such a lovely coconut smell that lingers even outside its packaging. I can already imagine the volume of compliments I will receive after actually using it. I personally like to switch my shampoo and conditioner around a lot so my hair does not become tolerant to one specific brand, so it is so convenient to receive this duo!

473ml RRP $14.99. Available at Chemist Warehouse
Because of the dry winter months in Melbourne I have recently been struck with dandruff and have been using Heads & Shoulders. Low key, the brand Heads & Shoulders get such a bad wrap but omg their eucalyptus shampoo made my hair insanely soft, softer than my "salon use only" Fanola Keratin Shampoo... This makes it exciting for me to try out Palmer's shampoo and conditioner because it claims to be formulated with coconut oil.

[ We're loco for coco with Palmer's Coconut Oil range. This rich and creamy shampoo is free of harsh chemicals and will gently cleanse your hair without interrupting its delicate moisture balance ]

[ Formulated with Sea Kelp and Coconut, Monoi and Argan oil, this conditioner will deeply hydrate and repair damage caused to your hair by the dry winter weather. Apply to hair after shampooing ]

The hint for this month was the Sand & Sky Brilliant Skin Face mask which got me screaming! It is proudly an Australian brand that has featured on BuzzFeed recently and claims to really rejuvenate the skin in only a few minutes.

It is so strange that I was intending on purchasing this product not too long ago, only to receive a sample this month so that I can actually try it out. I've heard nothing but good things about this product, and it is exciting because it fulfils my recent addiction to face masks.

[ The magic of Australian Pink Clay in this face mask will instantly brighten and detoxify your skin, leaving you pores refined and your complexion glowing! Apply to the face and leave on for 10 minutes while the ingredients work their magic to leave your skin radiant ]


Retails for $3.00, available at Kmart or their website
The next product I received was the ELF Brightening Eye Liner

[ Infused with beeswax and castor oil, this creamy formula will instantly brighten your eyes for a sultry look that will mesmerise! Use by gliding onto your lash line with precision, or smudge it out with a small brush for smokey perfection ]

It was also convenient for me to receive this ELF black eyeliner because embarrassingly I do not own a black eyeliner pencil anymore. I used it as winged eyeliner and it did smudge a little bit, but I can understand that it is more so made for the waterline.

 Even though I personally do not wear eyeliner on my waterline, it is really creamy and smooth which is surprising coming from ELF. I've personally had a bad experience with their previous products so this gave me a glimmer of hope to use more of their products. I also like how it comes with its own sharpener, I prefer functionality over aesthetic any day!

I was actually excited to receive the La Roche-Posay cleansing body cream-gel. It claims to be anti-irritation and protective against hard water, soap-free, fragrance-free & paraben-free. It reminded me heavily of Cetaphil cleansers as La Roche-Posay recommend this product for babies, children & adults which is insane!

[ After a cold, dry winter it's time to put some glow back into your skin. Use this soothing, anti-irritating body cleanser daily in the shower or pour 2-3 capfuls into running bathwater ]

I personally get really itchy after my showers but I have recently been showering with luke-warm to cool water as opposed to boiling hot water and I've seen a huge difference. Although I prefer bar soap recently, I do like the sound of this product. I'm not a huge fan of fragrant products because they leave my skin feeling irritated (I have a history of sensitive skin). I have been using bar soap as it is better for the environment as they often have recyclable/compostable paper packaging as opposed to plastic.

I have not used this product yet, but I will follow up with a review post soon.



BONUS: Mádara SOS Hydra Repair Intensive Serum + Recharge Cream


Bellabox always includes little sachet samples, which I recently protested against. They include sachet samples as a kind of 'stocking filler' or 'gap filler'. However, the value of these products is often really good. Although the sample size is very minute, it gives you a very good first impression of what the product claims and the texture and outcome of using it.


That is all for my August Bellabox! I found it to be much more enjoyable compared to July's box and it just goes to show you that it can have its ups and downs. Overall, I really love surprises and $17.95 is a very small price to pay to try out some goodies. It has really opened my eyes to see how many brands are out there in the world!


I also wanted to add that I purchased this wooden organiser from Kmart for my desk and out of pure luck my Bellaboxes slide in perfectly. I usually recycle my Bellaboxes, but I may keep one for storage because they're pretty darn cute boxes.

Comments

Popular Posts