November Bellabox

For some reason out of all the other months, I was really truly excited for this box. The only valid explanation I can give for this is probably my recent budget restrictions as I'm travelling overseas soon, which means no more unnecessary Mecca or Sephora purchases. Amidst all the Black Friday sales and promotional e-mails, I clenched my fists and refused all the admittedly amazing offers. And strangely, I feel so much happier for not wasting my money.

The Bellabox is still relatively cheap for me, as it's only $17.95 a month, and has thrown some surprising products my way. Also, that The Face Shop toner mentioned here which I found to be okay was actually well liked by my little sister, so much so that she went to their store in person to buy the full sized version. My favourite thing about the box is the element of surprise and how I'm forced outside my comfort zone when trying new products.

MANNA KADAR / GLO ILLUMINATOR
Before the Bellaboxes are released, you receive an email from them in regards to the hint for the next Bellabox. This months hint was the Glo Illuminator... and the Moments Condom but I'll dive into that topic later.
This highlighter is in a medium rose tone, which I thought to be too dark for my complexion, however, the product does blend in nicely and is much more subtle than I thought. In terms of a highlighter, it is an okay product but that may just be because I prefer powder highlighters on the cheekbones. I did find that this illuminator works brilliantly on the decolletage (chest) area and underneath your foundation as an extra boost of glow.
Would I possibly buy this product again? As much as I love highlighters, no. They actually last awfully long and this full-sized tube should do the job just fine. I have previously owned the NYX liquid illuminator but I gave it away to my sister because strangely, it was too glowy for me. I never knew that I would complain about such a thing honestly. I do currently own the Australis liquid highlighter but I generally find that they're too metallic and make me look like the tin-man from The Wizard of Oz (I'm on such a tangent but I'm going to the Wizard of Oz musical and I'm so keen!). This highlighter is more subtle than the ones I currently own which I find to be perfect but I do wish it was more of a champagne tone for my pale complexion.

ESTĒE LAUDER / MODERN MUSE
I also received an itty-bitty sample of this fragrance in my Bellabox which I immediately gave to my mum. They describe the scent as a 'gorgeous balance of floral and woody aromas' with a 'blend of jasmine, patchouli, vanilla and musk' for a 'sleek and sensual experience'. I feel like this scent is more of a mature fragrance as it is more musky with a hint of sweetness.

I personally have weird preferences with my fragrances as I always opt for sweet scents such as Gucci's 'Flora' which is a personal favourite. I do own a really musky perfume by Jimmy Choo that is almost too strong to bear, but it is nice to mix with my sweeter scents (which I forgot to list in my perfume collection post, which I do have to update!)

VITAMASQUE / SHEET MASK
I personally have only experienced 1 sheet mask in my life... shocking right? I personally love face masks so I find that a bit weird of me to say. The only sheet mask that I've tried are the generic masks from Daiso, which actually effectively shrunk a massive pimple in one night.
So I am actually excited to try this face mask out! I'm certain that Bellabox sent people different masks too so I guess its important for me to mention that I received the Pomegranate scent.
I think the idea of a sheet mask seems wasteful to me, hence why I may not have used many before. I think that normal face masks in tubs are more economical, some have lasted me SO long even between my two sisters. And I just feel weird for disposing of so many sheet masks. However, if I do see an effective difference in my skin I will totally make it a once a week (or two) habit because they're only $5.99 anyway.

JOHN FRIEDA / BEACH BLONDE COOL DIP PURIFYING SHAMPOO
Bellabox did it again! They always send me products that I've low-key wanted to try for a long time. This is one of them, and it attracts me because I naturally have brown hair which has been bleached blonde, so my strands are very dry. Whenever I go to the beach my hair becomes very dry due to the salt which often takes several deep-conditioning treatments to repair.

If I hadn't bleached my hair and researched how to protect my hair, I would have not thought about UV damage at all. I'm a pretty careless person when it comes to my hair, which works in my favour because it is always up in a bun which shields it from the harsh UV rays. I will definitely try this product out when I go to the beach, and I am excited to use it on its own due to its minty scent (I. Love. Mint).
John Frieda have some really good hair products honestly. I have used their blonde shampoo in the past when I was a natural brunette and it brought out my highlights nicely.

EVODIA / BODY MIST
This months box smelt very nice. I found it weird that I received so many fragrances this month but I am quite a lover of scents so I wasn't complaining. This body mist is strong which means that you don't have to re-apply as much during the day. The bottle is quite small which makes it travel-friendly and the biggest plus for me is that it is not only an Australian product, but also cruelty-free, paraben-free, petrochemical-free and vegan-friendly.

I was lucky this month to receive the fragrance 'Adelaide Hills Jasmine'. The other options were:

- Byron Bay Frangipani (I would of also liked this one)
- Tasmania Lavender
- Victoria Rose
- Whitsunday Coconut & Lime

I personally don't like the smell of lavender or coconut fragrances, but I do like their natural scents (such as an actual coconut or lavender plant). That being said, I would prefer coconut over lavender and it is pretty weird if you ask me.

BONUS: NUTRIMEDICS WHITE-AGE MIDNIGHT RADIANCE NIGHT CRÈME
This is my second Nutrimedics product from the Bellabox. It is quite interesting actually because they're not a well-known brand to me but they do have nice packaging and products in their line. I'm not sure where else you could purchase their products other than their website. I looked into their website and they have an old-fashioned way of selling products, similar to the Seacret brand, where you book a party or order directly through a consultant.
Personally, this is sort of a hassle in order to get products but I'm sure that at the parties you could try out the whole range and get samples. What I personally like about the brand is that they're made in New Zealand and assembled in Australia, which supports our economy as well as providing profit for the consultant who are often some hard working people (I know a few people who work off commissions for brands).

MOMENTS CONDOMS - KNOW YOUR WORTH
Now, this was a double bonus product and quite a strange one. However, I can appreciate Bellabox for spreading awareness for safe-sex practices. The only thing I found to be weird was the fact that only over-18's could receive this product, which is sort of defeating the purpose of spreading the issue of safe-sex (my boyfriend actually brought this point up, I wouldn't have even thought about it), particularly for young women who may find it embarrassing to shop for condoms themselves.
As kind as their gesture is, I don't think I can personally trust a condom that came in a subscription box... I'm not going to lie I laughed really hard when they sent an email asking if I wanted it or not and I was really curious.

Overall, this Bellabox was quite different compared to the others I have received. It was very fragrant which I did really like, and unpredictable in a good way. I'm pretty excited to receive next month's Bellabox because for sure the theme would have something to do with Christmas. Also, in other news, I have recently subscribed to Nourished Life's Deluxe Beauty Box which will hopefully arrive before I travel overseas next month! That being mentioned, if I do not post about the December Bellabox in time that will probably mean I am in Japan! The Nourished Life box costs $25 a month and is apparently so popular that there is a 3-month waiting list. Luckily, I ordered mine at a right time and should be receiving it in December! Anyway, thanks for reading guys! And please leave a comment I'd really love to read them.

Comments

Popular Posts