Shock // Talk

I was filled with shock today. I realised that I had a blog just sitting out there in a corner of the Internet collecting dust. It took me 11 months to realise this... 11 painstakingly long months for me to realise that I had partially private information floating around. Part of the problem was that my laptop broke eons ago and I was no longer able to write posts in my comfortable bed (also known as the procrastination cocoon). Another problem was that I was starting to work my behind off as I managed to obtain not 1, not 2... but 3 jobs. After 6 months I quit one of my jobs as it all was becoming too much (obviously!).

I'm starting to realise I use too many brackets (maybe it's my conscience speaking) but it's just the way I write I guess. Speaking of writing! I have an English essay tomorrow that forces me to write 2 pointless essays on topics I honestly couldn't care less about but HEY I guess thats how school works. It's funny how much we all loathe exams, I feel like it's such a unnecessary way to educate students. All exams do is bring students in such an immense amount of stress that they can't wait to eliminate all the content from their brains after the exam is over.

We don't get enough feedback too... only a copy-and-pasted comment on our efforts from an underpaid teacher trying to push away their "tall pile" of reports. There is nothing worse than a teacher that can't grade work properly. A
ll my hard work that has definitely ticked all the criteria receives a C? What on earth do I need to provide for a B? My body? I would much rather provide that than a mountain of quotes, meta language and other complete bullshit that makes my report way too decadent. I feel like the best works from writers are ones that are simple, unless you're writing a report about the circumference of the sun.

Okay, enough boring talk about school. I think my audience has gone down to -3... I told my mum to read my blog jeez. I want to return to the era in which blogs were still considered cool. The only popular ones that exist are makeup related blogs and TRUST ME I tried it out but then I felt like it wasn't me. What's so interesting about taking photos of powder and liquid and stating the shade and whether or not I liked it? I guess that's the type of world we live in. I want to make my blog readable and entertaining but I still haven't grasped any big ideas at the very moment. As stated in my first blog post this blog is called neptune-jpeg as the word comes "From the Latin Neptunus which is of unknown meaning". My blog is of unknown meaning... nothing is really planned. 


Hopefully this time I can promise to constantly update this blog. I mentioned in my first post that I'm aiming to post every Saturday but now that seems like too little! But I bet after a week I'll think it's too much ahah! So from now on I, Amanda, don't give a crap when I post until I gain an audience big enough that they recommend a time for them to read my posts. I actually wouldn't mind something like that. I'll also make sure I'm not posting too little and I'll try and make the posts more exciting and maybe step outside for the sake of this blog! But for now I'm starting from the bottom and I am digging my way up! 

SONG I'VE BEEN OBSESSED WITH THIS WEEK ~ Vicinity of Obscenity - System of a Down (honestly one of the most entertaining songs ever)

Comments

Popular Posts