Getting Lost on Wikipedia // Talk

Ahhh Wikipedia. I've written a few articles before on Wikipedia and unless you've actually done it before it isn't an easy process AT ALL!
Now most normal people get lost on YouTube, well... I get lost on Wikipedia. Don't even ask how. I'll innocently visit a page for a research project for school and click on a link that opens up to a different topic. This pattern repeats until there is an abundance of links in the article that interest me. By the time I've escaped the vortex of (mostly) useless knowledge I realise that I've gone from an article about Charles Darwin to a page about the history of Barbie dolls. It's scary really how easy it is for me to get lost on Wikipedia. I need help.

I hope I'm not the only one that experiences this! It happens to everyone with YouTube but something as boring as a Wikipedia article?! Funny enough, I feel like there are way too many words in my posts and it's starting to have a Wikipedia-like feel to it mixed with too many Simpsons images and sarcastically placed stock images. Most of the images don't even have a relevance to the post. It's a hot mess really.

I've recently been "blog hunting" (I just made that up lol). But basically I've been looking for some inspiration from other blogs and it's honestly so tough to find a blog that's as miscellaneous as mine.

Theres a huge community of beauty blogs, fashion blogs, etc. but I can't seem to find any blogs that ramble on about crap (I don't think they even exist!). A blog I've always been in love with is sleepandwater. It is painstakingly aesthetic and puts all other blogs to shame. I just need to find my inspiration for this blog and it's a journey I'm willing to take. It may be slightly embarrassing to ramble on about weird little topics and discuss books, movies + songs but it's all trial and error I guess.

Back to the actual point of the post, a massive pro about getting lost on the Internet is accidentally stumbling on something amazing. This phenomenon can also occur with heaps of other things. Getting lost in the library and accidentally discovering an amazing book, being a loner in class and finding a new best friend, finding a new artist to listen to and falling in love with them. Hopefully someone will stumble across my blog and enjoy it and I'm hoping I can get stuck in that wormhole to find a blog that inspires me.

Blogging is like trying to grow grass; it needs to be properly maintained. Sometimes you don't have to worry about it for a long time and other times you need to check up on it everyday. There will be blank spaces that need to be filled and sometimes a major trim will need to occur to keep your blog/grass alive. Tumblr worthy much? My posts always end with a deep thought and I want to keep it that way so that you're left thinking.

Comments

Popular Posts