April Bellabox + Why I'm Quitting the Bellabox

Sadly the day has finally come... I'm quitting the Bellabox. I knew that one day I'd eventually grow a bit tired of the Bellabox (despite the recent boxes being very good). The reason why I'm quitting is because I've received way too many samples that I never have time to try out nowadays. Also, it defeats the purpose of me trying to minimize my material possessions.

In a way Bellabox has helped me to minimize my makeup collection as it subtly fed my makeup cravings. You could say that I'm a makeup hoarder as last year I couldn't help but spend every paycheck on Sephora, Mecca and Priceline products. I've realised that although it was fun to discover new products in the box, I don't need much at all to make me happy. I generally barely wear makeup, and find that I wear it the most when I'm going out or if I have something important going on like a job interview. So why should I slowly grow my collection again when I'm satisfied with what I have?


- Pixi by Petra lip balm: I was excited for this product but was disappointed when I found out that the formula is very grainy and powdery. I think it is like that due to too much pigment in the lip balm. I also don't like the fluro pink colour it gives my lips. 

- Blaq Eye Mask: I am excited for this product as my biggest skin concern is my eye bags. I still haven't tried this product but I am excited to see how it goes. In general, I don't like disposable masks because of all the plastic waste it produces, and would usually find putting fresh cucumbers or a chamomile tea bag on my eyes to be cheaper and work better.

- NYX Avant Pop: I was so excited for this palette. I couldn't believe that something worth $34.95 would be in the $17.95 box. I decided to go with the colourful palette because my collection lacks any colour in the eyeshadow department.

- Neutrogena Wipes: These are the best wipes ever. If you haven't used them before I'd 100% recommend them. These and the Nivea face wipes are my holy grail. I generally only use face wipes after a night out drinking because I am normally too tired to wash my face. Anyone else do this lol?

- L'Occitane Pillow Mist: I used this product last night and actually really enjoyed it. The scent is very natural and relaxed me almost instantly. Although it is something I didn't think I generally needed, I have been into aroma-therapy recently and may consider buying some essential oils to help de-stress.

Although it is sad to say good-bye to the Bellabox I feel like I need to progress with my journey of living with less. I find that in the 21st century we have too many products to offer that we can honestly function without. My sister has recently been giving up face wash which sounds crazy for her oily skin, but it has done wonders to improve the quality of her skin. I generally only wash my face in the shower and I find that I break out when I wear makeup or over-cleanse my face. Just food for thought.

Amanda. S 

Comments

Popular Posts