January Deluxe Nourished Life Box / Unsubscribing?

Hello everyone!

I know this post is kind of delayed but I have been caught up with a lot of important things in life, more specifically enrolling for uni! It is still mind blowing to me that I've officially finished high school and have now somewhat gained more independence in my life. But enough about that, in this post I'll be reviewing what I received in my January Nourished Life Box.
To begin with, I found this month's box to be highly disappointing to me. Typically with other subscription boxes they let you fill out a profile in order for them to tailor to your needs and preferences. Normally I thought that it was weird to fill out a profile for the Bellabox but now I understand why it is really important for subscription boxes. In the box, I gave away 3 items to my mum and sister because they in no way shape or form suit my lifestyle as of yet. Without any further ado I'll just get straight into what I received this month.

BLACK CHICKEN / FACE RENEWAL PACK

Nourished Life has written on the information card that the skincare pack has been "exclusively made for NL deluxe box subscribers". The pack includes a mini version of their Complexion Polish (RRP $42.95) and their Cleanse My Face Oil (RRP $59). Now, the original products are kind of expensive in price (depending on how much you're willing to invest in skincare which I completely understand) which is an on-going pattern I am seeing with most Nourished Life products. However, you do have to keep in mind that these products are made in Australia and also have very natural ingredients in them.

The instructions advise to:

1. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of each product in your palm and blend

2. Rub over your face with gentle circular movements

3. Rinse with warm cloth

These products are very different to what I normally use at home so I am definitely willing and excited to give these two a go. It is nice to try something more mid-range to expensive in price however it is still kind of annoying to receive 5ml samples because I feel like I don't get to grasp a proper opinion when I use it up so quickly.

ANDALOU NATURALS / DEEP WRINKLE DERMAL FILLER

This sample was much more generous in terms of size however this is where I start to have problems with the lack of flexibility with the box. I am 18 years old and definitely do not need a product like this yet. A quick survey would've solved this problem straight away.
Retails for $22.95

I feel like now that I'm reviewing this box it makes more sense that they have included a product like this because I'm assuming that they're catering towards older women (or men). However, there are girls out there like me who subscribe to these boxes in the first place because we can't afford to spend so much money on skincare and makeup in the first place.

That was when it clicked that $25 a month was way too much money to spend to receive products that I can't even use. Nevertheless, I did give this dermal filler to my mum to try out but it is very disappointing considering I waited months to receive my very first box.

LIFE BASICS / PRODUCE BAGS

This product was the final nail in the coffin. Honestly, I totally support the idea of not using plastic bags at all but receiving this product made the message very clear that this box just isn't suited for me at all. I did give this product to my mum but even she admitted to not having time to pull these bags out and try and fold them back in (they're very hard to put back into the pouch).
Retails for $24.95

However, I don't want to keep a completely closed mind so I will say that this is definitely a product that I will look into buying one day when I start doing all the grocery shopping.

KORA ORGANICS / NONI GLOW SKINFOOD

In my last box, I received another Kora product (Noni Glow Face Oil) which has the same Noni ingredient as this superfood supplement. What exactly is Noni? Well, it is a fruit which claims to include over 100 vitamins and minerals known for its powerful antioxidant and natural rejuvenating properties.
Retails for $19.95

Overall I was disappointed to say the least with the Nourished Life Box. I feel as though, in general, their products are too expensive which can put off a lot of people from purchasing 'organic' or 'vegan' skincare and lifestyle products. However, I would still consider ordering some things off of their website because they often do have lots of sales. Would I recommend the box? No. Would I recommend their website? If you live in Australia then yes.

Comments

Popular Posts