January Bellabox

*disclaimer* : Most of the images in this post couldn't be aligned in the centre so this post will have a lot of gaps in it. Some of you may not care but I tried my best to make the images even with the text.

Hello everyone!

Welcome back to yet another Bellabox post. In last month's box titled 'Festive and Fabulous' (pamphlet pictured below) I received a sneak peek at what I'd be receiving in my January box. 
Last year's January Box!
Usually, Bellabox like to send a sneak peek via email in order to create some hype and it does work for me most of the time. To be honest, I had totally forgotten about this sneak peek and only recalled it when scrolling through my previous post. (I like to proof-read my posts lmao)
I also got the choice of choosing what lipstick shade I wanted which was awesome. This poll was completed in the past with the Stylondon eyeshadow palette, and I actually really enjoyed being able to have a say in what colour I want. 

In the January box, I didn't receive any sneak peek but as mentioned before I tend to get an email around a week or two before the next box is delivered (or the sneak peek is featured on the website... I checked and nothing yet). I really enjoy this as it is usually very consistent and it reminds me that I have an order on the way. Anyway, enough chatter!

                                                               

KAREN MURRELL / LIPSTICK

I really enjoy seeing different brands in the Bellabox. I am kind of an adventurous beauty person and low-key have a thing for indie beauty brands. This brand is something I haven't seen before and yet is available to purchase at Priceline which I LOVE; or their website. 

Retails for $30
The product smells strongly like cinnamon which I'm not too much of a fan of but it eventually wears down in smell (or I just get used to the smell). It is a brown nude, but once it is applied on the lips it looks very nice for my pale complexion. I don't know if it is just me but I always tend to buy the same shade of lip colour regardless what brand. I am a fan of nudes and tend to stay away from bright pinks and purples (didn't I say I was adventurous before? oh well).

I requested the shade 'cordovan.natural' and got what I ordered! I really wanted to order 'sandstorm' just for the shade name (for anyone who knows what song I'm talking about lol). This lipstick claims to have no nasties in it which I'm all for to be honest. 


What surprised me the most was the price of the lipstick... $30 is a lot to pay especially if it is available at a pharmacy but I think it is a price worth paying if you are conscious about what ingredients are in your makeup products... you're essentially paying for peace of mind. 

Don't mind my chapped lips... 

To be completely honest, this isn't my favourite lipstick ever but it is nice. I just think there are a lot more cheaper options out there that are better quality and some of those cheaper brands have no animal testing too, just not organic ingredients like this lipstick. I am extremely happy with this month's value of the box as it is $17.95 for the box and this lipstick alone is valued more than that.

I also received a $5 off voucher from Priceline for any Karen Murrell lipstick up until the 13th of February. I'm not sure if I would honestly spend $25 for this lipstick as it didn't completely wow me. Plus, I am actually trying to minimise my spending habits on makeup too so I may pass on the voucher. If I did swatch the other shades in store and really liked it then maybe I'll give it another go but I already have enough lipsticks as is.
BLAQ / METEOR SHOWER SCRUB

I thought this brand looked familiar! Before I go any further, Bellabox claims that you can purchase this from Priceline but a quick search on their website and IT WASN'T THERE!!You can however purchase it from blaq.cotheir own website.

Anyway, I previously received their peel off charcoal face mask in the July Bellabox. I never did repurchase it but I don't currently own a peel-off mask and I may buy that one just for the value. I do currently have a few body scrubs laying around at home but I always tend to forget about them. 
Retails for $24.95 for 200g
Available at their website

Part of me thinks it is because they can be relatively time consuming, but I would do a body scrub before a big event (and especially before fake tanning to provide the perfect exfoliated base). I have personally never heard of a charcoal body scrub before so it should be interesting to give this a go. 

Anyway! This shower scrub has the cutest instructions on the back which remind me of the Frank Body scrubs. Fun fact: my sister purchased their coffee scrub back when the brand had only just started out. I think they advertised on Instagram solely and look at them now! You can buy their products at Mecca.

Aren't these instructions just so cute?!
This scrub includes activated charcoal which promises to detox and impurities in your body and has been pretty trendy for a long time. The scrub has natural oils in it, eliminating the need to moisturise afterwards when you use it. I find that body scrubs are very time consuming but the results are always amazing.

LA ROCHE-POSAY / ANTHELIOS XL SPF 50 NUTRITIVE OIL

What I found amazing about this month's Bellabox is the great value. This sunscreen body oil, which I already own and love, retails for $36.95. Add this with the $30 lipstick and already you have a value of $66.95!! 
Retails for $36.95 for 200ml

What I love about this sunscreen is that you can instantly tell its not a cheap product. Although its an oil, it is very lightweight and sinks into your skin quite nicely. It also gives you a very summery appearance, I don't know what it is but oil on your skin makes you look so much more healthy and well; glowy! I would reccomend this product for tanning but would not reccomend it so much for the beach as sand will stick to the oil quite a bit. Nevertheless it is a really nice product.

This product is available at Chemist Warehouse and Priceline.

SWISSE / HYALURONIC FIRMING EYE SERUM

I love under-eye products. Although I'm quite young, I do have some eye wrinkles already, probably for my love towards laughing at everything in life. I tested out this product immediately because it is definitely up my alley and it instantly made my under eyes feel moisturised. 
Retails for $29.95 for 30ml

We actually do not have any oil glands under our eyes which is why a simple eye cream or serum makes such a difference. I already have quite dry skin so I love serums. If you have never used a serum I highly recommend it, especially if you have dry skin or want something lighter than a moisturiser (I put a serum on under my moisturiser when I'm not lazy). 

This eye serum retails for $29.95 for 30mls which sounds like a lot but it is actually a great value considering you need probably a quarter of a pump for your under eyes. I like to use the excess product on my eyelids and around my nose because it is generally dry around that area. I've never used a Swisse skin care product before but I'll definitely look into their other products. 

This product is available at Priceline.

KLORANE / SHAMPOO

I received the Quinine formula of Klorane shampoo which promises to revitalise and strengthen thinning hair. I have previously used (and loved) Klorane's chamomile shampoo in the past and weirdly forget about repurchasing it every time. Klorane is a French brand who are available to purchase at Priceline who in my opinion have really top notch hair products considering the price range.
Retails for $20.95 for 400ml

Although Klorane still isn't the cheapest around (the Quinine shampoo retailing for $20.99 on Priceline's website) you can always pick them up when they're on sale. My hair type is thin hair but I have a lot of it. I always tend to get split ends if I don't brush my hair because it tangles very easily. I'm keen to give this shampoo a go! Even thought I don't have any problems with hair loss (and I strongly believe that shampoo alone can't target problems like that), it'd be nice to know if their formula works well on my hair.

PALMOLIVE OIL INFUSIONS BODY MOISTURISER / ROSE WITH MACADAMIA OIL

Last but not least I received not one but two sachet samples of Palmolive's Rose and Macadamia Oil body lotion. I don't know what it is, but for me body lotion tends to last FOREVER despite sharing it with two of my sisters. I literally don't know why that is when I tend to always moisturise after I shower... so odd. 
I received two samples!
Retails for $9.99 for 400ml
I think it is fair to say that a lot of people out there, including me, have in some way, shape or form used Palmolive in the course of their lives. I don't mean to shun the brand because I have liked some of their products in the past, but it is generally unexciting to see a brand I already know (like that whole Nivea fiasco last year). I also think this is pretty consistent with Bellabox to provide these kinds of brands. I used to think of this as a bad thing but it is kind of a given to receive cheaper brands when the box is so cheap to begin with. That is why I tend to get excited when I see a brand I don't know at all (such as the lipstick mentioned before).
Available at Priceline
I'll definitely be giving this product a go. If you have read any of my other Bellabox posts I always mention that I'll be trying products out and often I don't really update on products almost at all. Now that I've received over half a year's worth of Bellaboxes its become more difficult to update you guys. 

So instead, I'm thinking of posting a monthly 'Empties' post featuring normal products as well as Bellabox products that I've used. I feel like this also provides a better verdict on each product because I may have changed my mind about a product in both good and bad ways. I know I am posting this failry delayed (in February) but that means that it is not long until my next Bellabox so stay tuned!

Thank you so much for reading!

Please feel free to leave a comment even just to say hi and follow me to be notified for any new posts.

Amanda x

Comments

Popular Posts