June Bellabox

Hey guys!

I remember a few years back subscription boxes were such a huge craze. I do not know what thought popped into my head to look into the Bellabox, but I am naturally a curious person so I Googled it and was surprised to see that the Bellabox was still a thing; and that it was only $17.99 a month. I used to think that the box was at least $30 a month so I thought to myself hmm why not?

An interesting feature with joining Bellabox is completing their survey for them to get a grasp on your skin tone, skin type, and other small details about you. Now, I do not know if this actually works because 1) Every video I have seen on YouTube, everyone gets the same products 2) They provide a card that features the ingredients and all, I don't think they have time to re-write so many according to an individuals' skin type etc. 3) I've seen so many complaints on the website! Every box includes 5 samples minimum, and they supply around 10 to distribute. The odd thing is, no-one ever gets their hands on the other 5 products. So yeah, there is a bit of a mystery. But considering I am only paying $17.99 a month I honestly would not expect much. And in the June Bellabox I was actually quite happy with what I received.

Now to summarise, I am trying to venture more into minimalism. And you may think that receiving around 5 products a month may be excessive, but I found that it was a perfect solution to curb my spending habits on skincare and beauty. And most of the products are also small sample sizes, perfect for me to see if I like the product or not.
Cutely named 'Winter Wind-Up'. They cater
their boxes according to seasons and trends
Considering it was my first ever Bellabox, I was maybe a little too excited to see the parcel in my mailbox. My first initial reaction was confusion as the box is tiny in person! I didn't care because it made sense that enough samples would fit in such a small box. Now, I am a person who loves surprises too much so I was overly excited to see what I had received.
They include an ingredients card, details about
each product (price, where you can purchase) and
even a voucher!
The Bellabox website does give you hints before your next box arrives as to what the full sized product will be. For June, I was told that everyone would receive a full sized Rimmel Lipstick valued at $12.95. I was silently praying for a nice nude shade, and out of good luck, I received a peach toned lipstick which is even better than what I had hoped for!
Shade 38
The Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss comes with 4.9 grams of product and is available in matte and satin. The shade I received, 38, is a satin shade but it isn't too glossy. Honestly, I prefer matte formulas but this one did not disappoint me in the slightest.
Retails for $12.95 at Priceline, Chemist Warehouse,
Kmart and Coles
The best thing about these lipsticks is the beautiful scent. It is fruity, reminiscent of my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. Normally I despise scented products, but this is an example where the scent is balanced correctly and therefore not offensive.
One-swipe swatch
Few swipes leaves a stain too when wiped off!



















In my collection, I do already own a Kate Moss Rimmel lipstick in shade 11. It is also a satin but as you can see from both swatches, the colour payoff is fantastic! If you're on the lookout on an affordable yet good quality lipstick, I would definitely pick this up!
Another full sized product!
Sukin is a very under-rated brand in my opinion



















Surprisingly, there was another full sized product included which is the Sukin Nourishing Chia Seed Oil. It retails for $19.99 at Priceline and Chemist Warehouse, and on the first impression, it is a very beautiful face oil. It isn't too heavy where I feel that my face is drowned in oil, and I found it quite funny that I received this because I was actually on the hunt for a face oil. Talk about convenience!

I love natural skincare, and I've mentioned this before. Sukin is also 100% and 100% carbon neutral which makes my inner hippie happy. It says on the packaging that the product should last 6 months. I may do a full review on this once I have gotten more of a feel for the product, otherwise, at the moment I am absolutely loving it!
Full size (150ml) retails for $7.99
Features that well-known Nivea scent ( I wonder
what it really is)


















The one product I was disappointed in was this minuscule Nivea cream sample. Because I am of European descent, every single relative I know (even my grandma) uses this cream. It is honestly nothing too special. The sample is only 10ml, and I feel as though it was chucked in the box as a filler.

I have not used this cream in years, but hey I may give it a go and re-cap the entire Bellabox soon!
Full sized product (200ml) retails for $16.50,
and can be purchased at Priceline and Amcal
This sample is 10ml, promises to hydrate very dry skin


















One of the other main reasons I anticipated to try out the Bellabox was to discover new brands. I've never heard of the brand 'Galderma' but I received a 10ml sample of their Nutraplus 10% Lotion. The 10% represents the 10% of Urea in the product. I did a little search on what the heck Urea is, and in dumb people talk all I could come up with: it is an organic compound that is highly soluble in water and contains 46.7% nitrogen.

What does Urea do? Well, it promises to "protect very dry skin from dehydration by improving moisture retention and restoring the natural skin barrier". The biggest issue of my dry skin is my nose. My nose is always very dry because I am constantly blowing my nose in tissues, and this constantly strips down my oils surrounding my nose.

I am excited to give this product a go, and hopefully, it performs some sort of miracle in regards to restoring the moisture surrounding my nose.
I received a 20ml sample which retails for $25.45
for a 100ml pump bottle.
It says that the product will last for 12 months.
You simply leave in the serum on towel dried hair


















I also received a Goldwell Dualsenses Just Smooth 6 Effects Hair Serum and it is like the Bellabox read my mind again, because ever since re-bleaching my hair I have literally been on a manhunt for a good hair product to revive my hair. I have used oils for a long time but never a hair serum. I am very big on smell, and when I took a whiff of this product my heart skipped a beat. It is so beautiful! It has a slight grape scent to it, which is odd because I normally hate the smell of grape, but this is just everything.

The only downside is that the product is not easily available, but you can find stockists here. I am very excited to try out this product on my bleached ends! I also forgot to mention that I received a bonus product which was this TINY sample of the Nivea Cellular Anti-Age Volume Filling Pearls; hence why I also got a voucher for the same product. I personally am not concerned with ageing as of yet, so I gave the product to my mum to try out.

That is the end of the June Bellabox! And to be honest, I was happy with everything except the tiny Nivea tin but hey what do you expect! I am planning on giving these products a full review in an update post so stay tuned for that!

I would probably rate this box a 5/5 only because I did not expect much in the first place, and to receive 2 full sized products and a bonus product was really good. Also, all the products I received were also products I was intending to purchase in the first place! So I was very lucky with my first box to be honest.

I am filled with so much excitement for the next Bellabox. I was visiting the website almost every day to obtain the clue for the deluxe product, and it was revealed a few weeks ago!
I will receive a Blaq peeling mask and a Zuii Organic Mascara. My mum actually threw out my Daiso black peeling mask so I am very excited to revisit the concept. And as for the mascara, it is always an essential for me so I'm excited to give this organic one a go.

Thanks guys for reading! Stay tuned for an update post on these products as I dive into using them, and also for the July Bellabox when I receive it. If you have any suggestions please leave them below.

- Amanda.S

Comments

Popular Posts