Coles Haul + Review

I found this post in my archives from November 2016! Since there was no point just talking about my haul, I've also included a review for each product. Enjoy xx

In a month which had been quite uneventful and miserable, I had finally reached my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow; this steal at my local Coles. Sounds dramatic, I know, but honestly I had not only managed to get sick 3 times this month, but I also had an online makeup order from BeautyBay go missing, talk about stress! Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am also currently completing my end of year exams.

The only reason why I headed over to Coles in the first place was because I finished work without even bringing my water bottle. I was parched. I had friends offer their water bottles to me, but I was honestly craving something ice cold.

After my shift, I walked over to Coles and picked up a Fuze ice tea. To my dismay it was only available in lemon, which I later found out was the bombest flavour! It also popped into my head that I ran out of night cream, and my current night cream was annoying me.


I'm not too fussy with products in general, I own heaps of cheap brands, but this Nivea night cream is just weird. In all honesty, I think I had purchased it years ago because the state that it is in is so thick, it almost feels that it is off. I used to be intensely in love with the brand, but now, I just feel that it is meh. (Update: it is July 2017 and I am still digging into my Nivea cream. Crazy how long a product can last when you hate it)

I scanned the shelves and found that all the Essano items were on sale. One thing you'll learn about me is that I am an extremely frugal person. As soon as I see the yellow/red sticker I immediately snatched the night cream. I have used an entire tub before because this stuff is so good. All their products smell the same, it is a romantic rosehip fragrance. The prices are quite mid range, I don't remember how much I paid for the night cream but it originally retails for $19.99 which is insanely good considering this is the best night cream I have ever tried.
















The Crop Purifying Mud Mask retails originally for $12.10. I have used it a few times and the only slight problem I have with it is that the mint included in it sometimes irritates my eyes if I put the mask on too close to that area (that being said, I never put face masks directly under my eyes, but the mint sometimes reaches my eyes even when placed on the tops of my cheeks). However, upon further use I have found the mask to be really refreshing as the mint cools down your skin. I can imagine it to feel amazing on sunburnt skin but I probably wouldn't recommend a tightening mud mask on burnt skin.

I have dry skin, and I found that the mask does not cause any problems to my skin. I personally prefer natural skin care that does not include any artificial fragrances. If you're after a face mask that is different from your typical face mask, I would pick this up because $12.10 won't hurt. Plus, I grabbed mine for $8.50 which is pretty sweet. I would probably stay away if you have sensitive skin. (Update: July 2017, I still have heaps of product left. I typically reach more for my Sukin Clay Detox Mask which will most likely be featured soon in my empties post. The Sukin mask is a thick formula and retails for $15.95).














Finally, I picked up a Maybelline Colour Sensational lipstick in the shade '725 Tantalising Taupe'. It is a sheer moisturising lipstick, and you get a decent 4.2g of product. (Update: July 2017, I totally forgot I had this product! I have made a slight dent in the product but I will definitely reach for it more because it is a nice product and shade).

It is a very moisturising product as you can see by the swatch below, which provides a comfortable wear. As mentioned in my previous blog post, I tend to prefer matte lips over glossy however because this shade is a nude, I am in love. The only problem I have with sheeny lips is that they really accentuate my fine lines in my lips, which I am not a fan of. But I find that if you give the product a good blot it looks fine.

















Anyway guys, that is the end of my haul! Stay tuned for some more beauty & lifestyle related posts and please leave any suggestions below for more posts you would like to see! Don't forget to check out my social media on the right hand side but I'll link them below for you as well!

Instagram
YouTube
Twitter

- Amanda.S

Comments

Popular Posts