Uni Hill Factory Outlet Haul

Hello everyone!

I've found out that an excellent way for me to ease my stress is to go shopping, preferably discount shopping so that I don't punch a massive hole in my wallet. This might explain why I love to op shop and go to factory outlets such as DFO. However, I had never set foot in Uni Hill which my mum was recently raving about, so I hopped along with her and my sister to say goodbye to my hard earned money.

NIKE - Shorts $40
SUPRE - Hat $9.50
FACTORIE - Skirt $15, Shirts $5
COSMETICS FRAGRANCE DIRECT - Lashes $9.50, Eyeshadow Palette $24.95

Frankly, I didn't spend as much as I imagined I'd do and I did fall a custom to flash puppy dog eyes to my mum when she asked "Who's paying?". I'm not a bad guy here, we've all done it. I mean she has a full time job and I don't hehe.

The shirts shown were all picked up from Factorie for $5 and the skirt was $15. My sister and I were scanning the racks and became frustrated with the amount of nice-looking tops that were accompanied with the stupidest sayings. Please don't tell me its only me! When I shop without thinking I always end up buying a shirt with some stupid saying on it without knowing ARGH.

Also, the Nike Pro shorts were $40. I had been looking for a neutral coloured pair for what feels like eons, but every time I set foot in the Nike store I can only find patterned ones. I love buying new workout clothes, it makes me motivated to work out. Not going to lie but I did actually go for a run afterwards in 31 degree weather yuck, and I was surprised to find out that I did miss it.

Anyway, my favourite place to buy makeup since 2013-ish has been from Cosmetics Fragrance Direct. Don't mind the bedsheets as the backdrop but I literally squealed when I saw these beautiful lashes in the store.

Now I don't know if its just me, but I constantly re-use the same lashes until they decide to finally give up.

I mean c'mon if you're spending so much on fake hairs you might as well keep reusing them, as long as you clean them. (Hahah I'm such a liar to myself, I never clean them)

I remember picking up a fucking fantastic pair from the discount store Daiso for $1.60 and DAMN THEY WERE AMAZING. But of course with my luck I could never find them again :'(

Anyway back to the Ardell lashes, I was tossing between demi wispies and wispies but I could honestly see no difference. Not that much of a saving to be completely honest, but considering my local Priceline store always looks like it has been robbed, I was excited to finally pick up a pair.


Okay. I can't breathe. I've always been a fan of Australis except for their eyebrow gel ffs don't get me started, to summarise they leave your brows crusty as heck. Now, I didn't get any discount on this but yet again, my Priceline is hopeless with their stock so I picked it up immediately.

Oh yeah, and I'm attempting to grow an avocado from its seed in the back, but I later learnt that it is extremely difficult to grow. Its more of an experimental thing.

I haven't swatched the palette yet but my oh my I'm already impressed by the packaging and the price isn't too hefty either. It may seem that the price is too much at first glance, but at roughly $1.60 per pan it isn't too bad.

Transition and highlight shades accompanied by shimmery olives, blacks and browns this is no doubt a really pretty and practical palette.


I'm honestly in love with these olive shades, I'm not too sure how they'll look on my green eyes but I'm sure if I throw in some browns it'll look flattering.

I'm definitely going to update you guys with a review of this palette because I'm curious as heck to see if it is pigmented at all.

If I could recommend a product from Australis, it would be their liquid highlighter or the AC On Tour powdered contour palette. But definitely NOT their eyebrow gel. Just buy the Essence one for a few bucks, WAYYYY BETTER.

Props to the sudden change of weather in Melbourne! Paint eyeshadows $1 each
The amazing weather in Melbourne really made the flowers bloom and the eyeshadows I bought to pop in the sun. I looked like an idiot bringing my eyeshadows outside for this picture, but once you take a picture it kinda makes sense.

I think its a really irrelevant brand because I couldn't find it in a Google search but its called 'Paint' and I've never heard of it. But if a makeup addict sees a bucket with the sign '10 for $10' you really can't resist. My sister and I picked out 10 in which we plan to kinda share.

In my opinion, cheaper matte shades are usually chalky and cheap compared to expensive brands, however the shimmery shades are typically amazing despite the price.

My mum did rip open one and swatch it on her eyes like a maniac (it was really hilarious), and the pigmentation did look decent. I will swatch these in another blog post!

If you've made it this far, wooooo pat on the back! Please feel free to leave some comments if you have any requests or anything, I'm more than happy to chat to you guys too!

Amanda out! xx

Comments

Popular Posts