World Vegan Day

LOOOONNNGGG TIME NO BLOG! I've been bombarded with both school and work again but as the year comes to a close and school is nearly over, I finally have time to post something YAY! To be fairly honest, I haven't done much these past few months except for watching Netflix religiously. However, a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to go to the Melbourne Showgrounds and attend the World Vegan Day event with my beloved sister.

And it's fair to say... the event was amazing! There were hundreds dare I say thousands of people who attended and it was honestly one of the most fulfilling things I've done in the entire year. Just to see so many vegans / people considering to be vegan is an amazing feeling and it made me feel like I'm not alone. Let's also not forget that this was Victoria alone and not all vegans attended!

I was recommended by a shop owner to listen to James Aspey's speech. I didn't expect much out of him but he ended up cracking a lot of jokes along the way and he went more into depth about the voiceless campaign he did a few years back. I was eager to meet him but there was just an overwhelming amount of people that I didn't even notice when my sister congratulated him in the crowd. Towards the end of Aspey's speech he asked for questions and a little boy asked for a hug. He made his way up to the stage and hugged him and it was such a teary-eyed moment for everyone to see that he inspired this little boy and opened up his eyes. It gave my high hopes for the future of veganism.

 There were stands that provided food, smoothies, beauty products... you name it! I stocked up on Pana Chocolate and that in itself was instantly a successful day. Unfortunately my sister and I had to leave the event early because I had work that day but only spending 3 hours there was enough to inspire me for a lifetime.

I will definitely be attending the festival next year and possibly stay there until night to experience it more vividly. It just goes to show that whatever cause you're rooting for, you are definitely not alone and in this case veganism is a cause that day-by-day is becoming more widely known through the use of social media and filmography.

If it weren't for inspiring vegans in the media and eye-opening documentaries, veganism would be an alarmingly unknown cause. Sometimes when I watch YouTube videos and scroll down in the comments, I see strangers suggesting veganism to other YouTuber's which to some may seem annoying but in actuality it's a brilliant way to spread a cause.

For those people who are considering veganism, please try it if only for a week or even a day! There are plenty of YouTube videos that can ease you into becoming a vegan and you can even comment below if you want to contact me for any questions or help :)

Comments

Popular Posts