Beginning of a No-Buy

 Hello fellow readers!


It has been a hot minute since I've posted, and I am guessing that I have directed you here from my Instagram page. For that, I would like to say... THANK YOU! 


2022 has already been a hectic year personally so I thought to myself, why not slow things down by stopping my unnecessary spending in its tracks? 


Here I am whining and moaning about how much money I have wasted on skincare and makeup but I am still unconsciously spending and feeding into this consumer mindset. 


"No, you do not need that bottle of hair mousse... you haven't used hair mousse since you were little for a reason"


I am sure we can all relate to that internal dialogue when we're roaming in the store. I hate to admit it but sometimes I shop just for the sake that I: 


1. Have excess money that I can blow

2. Am bored out of my mind

3. Am seeking to avoid real problems in my life by replacing feelings with objects


Now that last one, do you know how many times I've felt feelings? Now replace all those feelings with objects and you have yourself a recipe for disaster. 


Nothing is going to get any clearer in my life or in my room unless I stop spending and start decluttering. 


But this time around, I don't want to declutter only to fill those empty spaces with shiny new objects. No, this time I want to save my money.  


So take this post as a way to hold myself accountable, and to start my no-buy journey. 


BUT WAIT AMANDA! What are the rulez???


Oh yeah, right. Well, this is simple...


1. Only buy things that I absolutely need to replace... this counts for things like shampoo, toothpaste, etc. but not things like my rollerblades that I found after years and years of neglect (as an example... rollerblading sounds like a blast right now tbh)


That is literally it. I have more than enough makeup and skincare in my life... enough to fulfil 100 people's makeup routines. I have reached a breaking point, and I no longer want to drown in my possessions. 


I hope that later down the track I learn to let some things go... that pair of socks that provide zero comfort AND have holes in them... that foundation that only works if I blend it out for a long time... there is no time or room in life for things that do not function the way they should. Same goes with things that do not make me happy. 


Watch this space for my big journey ahead!


Amanda S.


Here's a plant for attention - I love her 

Comments

Popular Posts