Spring Cleaning

Hey guys!

It has honestly been way too long since I have posted on this blog and honestly, I don't have a valid excuse other than being bombarded with laziness and uni. And it is exactly that attitude that makes me want to change this spring. Some people wait until New Years to create resolutions, but I personally think you can change yourself at the drop of a hat.

Although Spring has technically sprung over a month ago, it has only been until recently that the weather has been warming in Melbourne. I, for one, prefer cold weather because not only do I love to hibernate but I also have chronic hay fever. My hay fever is so bad that I have not been to uni in weeks due to the hassle of carrying dozens of tissues in my bag, and making everyone on my train think I am contaminated. So what have I changed to help this?

Well, thanks to my mum I now own a salt lamp that is supposed to help alleviate hay fever symptoms. May I also add that my lamp is in the shape of a crystal ball. Very snazzy. I must be a bit honest, I'm not sure as of yet if this lamp has been working however, I recently walked my dogs past a guy mowing his lawn and I didn't even have the urge to sneeze.

Whether this salt lamp has worked already or not I'm not sure, but I think my sneezing is mainly due to changes in temperature and DUST. It is a very vicious cycle of me not wanting to dust my room because it triggers my sneezing and my sneezing because I haven't dusted my room. Solution? Spray a rag heavily and then wipe the dust so it doesn't float around everywhere.

For the past week, I've also been trying to become more active. Over the winter I have gained 5kgs and it seems to become a pattern every single year when it comes to winter time. I haven't become too strict with my diet as of yet, as I've found over the years that if I do so I'll just end up binge eating. And so far, it has been working. I'm stressing more on moving around and getting at least 30mins of cardio a day, which I'll soon have to balance with some strength training.

And trust me, I am an extremely lazy person so it is not easy for me to be active. But it is important to know that the hardest part of becoming more active is simply starting. Once you've started you become slightly addicted to it, trust me.

Lastly, I move my furniture around in my room so that I have more sunlight coming in. My bed used to block my window but now my room feels more airy. By moving my furniture around I also managed to find dust bunnies sitting behind my furniture, most likely the cause for my chronic sneezing.

I also thought to clean out some of my drawers too. I managed to throw out an entire trash bag of junk, not my proudest moment. I do donate all my clothes and ask my family and friends if they want my old stuff. Frankly, writing this now I can't remember what I threw out most likely because it was just junk that did not matter to me (such as dried out PVA glue).

I deeply recommend cleaning out your drawers. Although you can't visibly see the stuff hidden in your drawers ever since getting rid of some junk it feels like weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Although I mentioned previously that I don't think you need an excuse to make a change, if you're reading this and find yourself guilty of any of my habits then I recommend that you just start with something! It could mean simply taking all the glasses from your room and putting them away in the dishwasher, or just going for a walk. With spring here too, it is likely it is a nice day.

Amanda.S :)

Comments

Popular Posts