December Bellabox

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year everyone!

By the time I am posting this I am probably back from my overseas holiday and have hopefully received my Bellabox (and Nourished Life box) while I was gone... or before I left to go overseas. I am writing this post in advanced just as a casual reminder to myself to keep this blog active, as I have recently gone through my blog subscription list and have found out that a whopping 40 blogs I used to follow no longer post anymore.

The good thing about writing this post in advanced is that I am able to predict what I may receive. I love surprises, and that shouldn't be a surprise if you have read all my previous Bellabox posts (which you can find my using the search bar on my blog and typing 'Bellabox'). Now, I have always mentioned that Bellabox e-mail a sneak peek of 1 or 2 products that they feature in their boxes, and this month I got a good shock because everyone will be receiving a full sized eyeshadow palette!


I counted my lucky stars for reading my e-mails early as I was able to choose what palette I wanted. I chose the shade below 'Picadilly' which features a plethora of warm toned shades, and as I am pre-writing this I am hoping that they actually send me the shade I want. I am a bit more of a cool-toned eyeshadow gal, so I thought that by picking this palette up I can really experiment more with warmer tones.

Now, just for a little bit of (sad) fun for myself, I wanted to predict what other products I would get from the box. My thoughts are that I will receive:

- a mini fragrance as perfumes are very common during the holiday season
- something aimed towards an Australian summer Christmas, probably sunscreen 
- and I have a feeling that I will get a hair-care item only because I've received so many in the past

I also want to mention that this box will officially become my 7th Bellabox, that's more than half a year of expecting, receiving and reviewing the Bellabox! It is crazy how fast the year goes. I've had a lot of ups and downs with the subscription service, but I always anticipate receiving a box. I thought to myself the other day that if I continued my service for a full 2 years, I would be able to compare say for example the June 2017 box with the June 2018 box. But who knows if I'll continue this service? I may even like the Nourished Life box a bit better... but that is for future Amanda to decide. Okay! Enough rambling, lets see what I actually received in my Bellabox!
Sneak peek!

So I received my Bellabox early this month (12th of December) which was very exciting, and I am now able to post this before I travel soon. The Bellabox came in a snazzy red colour which peaked my excitement, and when I first picked it up it was heavy which is another amazing sign that it will be a good box.
                                        
Safe to say, all my predictions above were correct apart from the fragrance but seriously self-five for guessing the majority of the box. This month titled 'Festive & Fabulous' featured 7 products, 4 of them being full-sized so it did really feel like a Christmas gift to myself. 

LA ROCHE-POSAY / ANTHELIOS XL ULTRA-LIGHT TINTED FLUID SPF 50+

I may as well start with the La Roche-Posay Tinted Sunscreen because I received not one but two of the same sample, which I am not sure if it is a mistake, but it does seem like they did it on purpose as each tube is only 3ml. I have received this particular brand in the past from the Bellabox and from Priceline goody bags, and safe to say I haven't had any bad experiences with any of their products. They aren't exactly the cheapest brand but are more of a mid-range with their prices especially compared to what you'd find in Sephora and Mecca. 
Retails for $28.95 for 50ml, available at Priceline &
Chemist Warehouse

This sunscreen claims to be perfect for sensitive skin which can benefit everyone as it suggests that the formula is milder than what you'd normally find. Personally, I hate the smell of sunscreen but this one possesses a smell that is so familiar but I just can't pinpoint it. It is slightly fragrant, it almost smells like a foundation I think I used to own. It has a slight alcohol smell to it, which I personally really like, but it isn't fragrant entirely in the wrong way. I think I'd prefer it over normal sunscreen so I'd give it that.

STYLONDON / EYESHADOW PALETTE IN PICADILLY

Hooray! They sent me the correct eyeshadow palette. I don't know why I had such low expectations in the first place, but normally with my luck, something like that would surely happen to me. In person, I like the look of the shades much better despite a bunch of shades appearing very similar to one another. I also have to give it props for the very aesthetically pleasing design on the outside of the palette. I will be reviewing this palette in another dedicated post so stay tuned!
JOHN FRIEDA / BEACH BLONDE COOL DIP PURIFYING CONDITIONER

In last month's Bellabox I received the cool dip shampoo. I personally think its a nice thought from Bellabox to offer the full-sized products from the line over two months. Just from an educated guess, the bottle did take up almost all of the space of the box so they did have to split it up for that reason, but then again they did not have to offer both products... but they did. I think that is very nice of them because these bottles retail for $15.99 which is still a steep price for some people to pay. In terms of value, this month's Bellabox really hit the nail on the head. 
I did also mention in my previous post that I have had my eye on this product before, but never really got around to trying it. To be completely honest, I've been so caught up on using my Fanola hair products that I haven't tried it out yet. In case you're new to my posts, I generally post the contents of the Bellabox first and then review them later. If you do have a question about a particular product, please leave me a comment and I'll be more than happy to answer for you! Sadly, as much as I want to dedicate my time to this blog I am often very occupied with other things, but I am trying my best to keep this blog active!

NATRALUS AUSTRALIA / PAW PAW LIP BUTTER

This full-sized product is still compact enough to throw in your bag (10g). I personally used this lip balm during my overseas trip to Japan and it helped protect my lips from the harshly dry winter.
Retails for $5.95, available at Woolworths
My favourite thing about this product was actually picked up by other people while I was using it, because the strawberry scent has a strong lingering scent... in a good way! I have a very sensitive nose but the scent does not bother me at all, to be completely honest I didn't even notice the scent at all. I love any natural or organic products, and this lip balm definitely is a winner.

GARNIER / RESCUE MASK

If you don't know me already I am a little too obsessed with face masks. That being said, I don't remember the last time I actually did a face mask... on the to-do list it goes. This 'aqua mask' is targetted towards 'dehydrated skin' which is exactly what I suffer from. 
Retails for $3.95, available at Priceline
The directions say to leave the mask on for only 10 minutes followed by the removal with a cotton pad. They even suggest you can wait for the mask to be absorbed in your skin, which I can imagine will suit those with severely dehydrated skin. 

BONUS: ZUII CERTIFIED ORGANIC FLORA FOUNDATION PRIMER

Recently, I've been seeing a lot of this brand in the Bellabox and it is totally up my alley because I love anything organic and natural. Although I hate using small sachet samples I will definitely be giving this one a go sometime soon as I've actually been on the lookout for a new foundation primer. If you have any recommendations for a good primer for dry skin please let me know! As always, I'd love to hear your opinions or feedback.

Full-sized product retails for $34.95, available on their website

                                               
Overall, the value of this months Bellabox was well and truly worth it (and this may be because it was the December box a.k.a: the month of giving!). I actually really enjoyed the box as it really did cater to my skin's needs, and of course it was a very full and generous box.

As always, please follow my blog if you want to be notified about future Bellaboxes and other beauty and lifestyle related posts! I already know that this year is going to be a hectic one but it does really mean a lot when I gain a follower or even just a comment. I know blogs are a thing of a past but I've always been keen on having my own outlet where I can write (I do also have a YouTube channel).

Thanks for reading!

Amanda x

Comments

Popular Posts