November Favourites

I know, I know... this is such typical concept for all beauty bloggers (and vloggers) out there but to be completely honest, I am obsessed with seeing other people's favourites so I thought why not share mine for the month of November?


MARIO BADESCU FACIAL SPRAY WITH ALOE, HERBS AND ROSEWATER

With summer being prematurely official in Melbourne, I have been using this facial spray as a pick-me-up when I could just not handle the heat. This spray instantly refreshes me with the sweet scent of roses, but don't get it confused with the cheap smell you'd typically find else where. It provides the perfect amount of moisture, and the spray is able to mist very finely with no random spurts or a 'water gun' effect.

This spray retails for only $9 at MECCA.

DUSK 'TROPICAL SUMMER' CANDLE

I picked this candle up for only $10 and from the title alone you can predict that it has a really fruity, refreshing smell. It truly does depict the smell of summer in my opinion, it reminds me of a flavourful smoothie. Although I do not light many candles in summer, there have been some cold nights in Melbourne which makes a perfect candle lit occasion.

HAIR CLIP

This clip was lying in my bathroom drawers for years and one day I decided to pick it up, and I haven't put it down since. My sister and I have actually been sporting these clips due to their practicality and ease. I simply just twist my hair up and clip it in with no worries. This is also perfect for my freshly bleached tresses as it acts as a protective hairstyle by avoiding unnecessary pressure you would typically get from hair-ties. Although I have been called 'grandma' by a few people (imagine bleached baby pink hair in an up-do), I don't care enough to put the clip down just yet.

LIPSTICK QUEEN 'FROG PRINCE'

I picked this product up near the check-outs of MECCA and didn't expect much out of it. However, like my Benefit 'Benetint', this stain is so versatile and suits my lifestyle perfectly. You don't have to re-apply this product almost at all because it is a stain; which is perfect when you have to eat (and this girl likes to eat). On a funny side note: my boyfriend tested this product on his hand and had a look of pure shock when the green transferred as pink on his hand. So funny.

TOO FACED BORN THIS WAY CONCEALER MINI IN 'LIGHT'

I also picked up this mini sample at MECCA on a whim not expecting much out of it, but I have been using it under my eyes when I am in a rush and have been loving it. My all time favourite would still have to be the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, but this mini version is so practical when I travel because it is so compact and doesn't leak as much as my Fit Me. The only down side is the price difference between the two, which may mean that I'll be sticking with my Maybelline for now.

KMART PENDULUM EARRINGS

I have, for a few months, been obsessed with wearing fun earrings. Although my collection is sparse, Kmart have been supplying me the goods with these cool pendulum earrings. They're not actually called that, but that is the name it has been officially granted. I couldn't find the price on these as their earring collections are ever changing, but they were around $4. I would get in quick to find them if you really wanted them!

IKEA 'KYSING' RUG 

A.k.a the backdrop for my photo. This rug was only $25 and has been a favourite for not only me, but also my dog Lola! She loves to bite this rug and scratch her back with it, which provides a whole lot of entertainment for me and her. I have never really owned a rug in my room and the grit of it is perfect because I get to rub my feet on it before I hop into bed. It does sound gross, but ever since I've gotten this rug my feet are cleaner before I get into bed, and it really does frame my room together.


TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN BY JOHN GREEN

I fan-girled when I realised John Green had released a new book. Although I think that his books are no longer appropriate for my age (I think I read all his other books when I was 13... I am now 18) the inner teeny bopper in me had to purchase it and it has now become my guilty pleasure. Admittedly, I think he is a great author but now that I have matured I do hope that he does release something more... how do I put it politely? Substantial. I get it, young adults are a great target audience but with his writing skills I do want to see something a whole lot more interesting and Pulitzer Prize worthy... no pressure Green.

LOLA (MY DOG)

Cheesy, I know. But it is almost a year since I have gotten my dog and she is the biggest gift to my whole family. I love her so much. However, in the photo she does look a bit guilty because she begun to bite the lower right corner of my hard cover book. Cutie. I mean... bad dog? I can't say no to that face awwww.

Well that is all for my first ever favourites post! I did want to attempt to include a lot of miscellaneous products because I am a teensy bit tired of makeup at the moment, but once I start going out a bit more I will include them more depending on how I feel month to month. Feel entirely free to leave me a comment I would love to read them. Have any of you ever used the products I have mentioned? Please let me know! And thanks for reading :)

Amanda x

Comments

Popular Posts