May 2020 Empties

It has been a while since I last documented my empties. I haven't been paying much attention to what products I've been using or not. And frankly, my whole minimalism journey from years ago has come to a screeching halt.

To inspire me and hopefully others to be more mindful of spending, I thought it would be fun to take a look at what products I've used up in the hectic month of May.

NEUTROGENA HYDRO-BOOST FACE WASH


Sigh... I have dry skin so naturally when I saw this product I was excited. This range was released a few years ago, but this just never did anything for me.


It also has a strong chemical smell, and it often made my skin react. I did enjoy their moisturiser for a while, but I don't think I will re-purchase anything from Neutrogena if I'm being quite honest.

MANE CLUB EXPERT PROCRASTINATOR HAIR MASK


Weird catchy title. I found this in my bathroom and wasn't sure where it came from but decided to give it a go. It was a huge sample (50 grams), so I put it in a reusable bottle and used it over the course of the month.

$4.99 at Priceline

The smell of this product is nothing I have experienced. It smells like candy! At first I wasn't sure if this was the product for me. However, it did do a great job and keeping my hair moisturised and shiny.

I personally don't think I'll be re-purchasing this exact scent, but I would consider giving another one of their products a go! The price is great for what the product delivers so if you wanted to try it out for yourself go for it!

KMART HAND CREAM


If I'm being honest, I picked this up for 50 cents on clearance. It smelt exactly like almond essence that my mum uses in her baking. This product was just... meh. It also has a long list of confusing ingredients so I felt uncomfortable applying it.

This product is now discontinued but I can understand why. It didn't really moisturise my hands that well.

SEPHORA RENEW AND PEEL SERUM


I ordered this serum back in July 2017, and the only reason I remember was because I wrote a post about it.

That is pretty bad considering the product has a shelf life of 12 months... yeesh. This was a big wake-up call for my uncontrollable spending for beauty products.




Sadly, as much as I loved this product it is indeed discontinued. The reason I am a bit sad is because this was my first ever peeling serum. I have since found some alternatives, but nothing quite the same as this serum. Why do brands do this to us??



That concludes my May empties! Hopefully I have inspired you to finish up some products you may have lying on your shelves. Of course, please be safe and throw it out if you experience a reaction. Do not be like me and apply 3 year old serum to your face. 

Also, let me know if you have used these products before! 

Amanda x

Comments

Popular Posts