A Reflection on 2019

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Blogs aren't really what they were 15 years ago, so much so that even I at times forget that I own a blog. Nonetheless, I felt like keeping it a bit active today by reflecting on the year.

It has almost been a full year since I lasted posted (insane right?!) and I can't help but be in shock with how much has changed.

I mentioned in my last post that I need to get my license and I PASSED MY FIRST GO! If I were to give some advice to any readers who potentially don't have their license... just go for it! I know it is easier said than done and it is definitely something you can't do overnight. I feel as though my hard work really paid off and I guess it is something to be proud of!

If you haven't read my last post, check it out here


In terms of trying to be more happy and looking after myself, I feel like it too is a task easier said than done. There was a phase I had this year where I was working out two times a day for months, however I did fall out of the routine. Although it did wonders for my energy levels and happiness, there were underlying toxic thoughts in terms of my body image. 

I've learnt now to accept that my body for the way it is. I know it sounds very cliché but it is true, your body does a lot to keep you functioning everyday. Being lazy isn't going to help, but putting it into overdrive isn't any better. 

I have constantly harped on to people in my life that 2019 has been a bad year, and a lot of people can agree with me. However, I do feel like a huge part of the reason why it was bad was solely because of me. I guess it is true when they say you're in charge of your own happiness.

To anyone reading this, I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and enjoy the New Year! Let's hope that the start of the new decade isn't too bad. I don't know what will really become of this blog as it does tend to get a bit personal, but I guess that is for us to find out! Maybe this will be my last post? WHO KNOWS?

- A.S

Comments

Popular Posts